Mend Your Smile With Our Chester Dental Crowns & Bridges
When you need to repair your smile, one of the best ways to do it is with Chester dental crowns and bridges. For more than 35 years, Dr. Walter Felton has used these restorations to mend damaged teeth and replace missing teeth for his patients. If your smile is suffering, a crown or bridge can help you:Doctor Walter Felton on dental crowns Read Transcript
Very often, people will come in and their tooth is broken to the point that we just can't fix it with putting a filling in it or bonding a filling around it. So sometimes we have to make a whole new outer shell for the tooth and that's what we call a crown. And this is another area where technology has really improved the process. We actually digitally scan the tooth and have it computer milled out of a whole new material that didn't even exist as a dental restoration just a few short years ago. But this is an area now with technology, with computer milling, with dental scanning that a whole new class of dental restorations is now available to people. They're very strong, we don't have to cut down your tooth as much, so there's less risk of needing to have root canal therapy along with the crown and they are much more lifelike in the way that they handle the light that hits your teeth.
The crown is a very useful restoration for a number of different dental conditions. Not only does it strengthen your tooth, it makes it look a lot better so we can use these crowns in a number of situations to solve a number of problems that you might have. If you're in a situation where you need a crown, we'd love to see you.
- Enjoy teeth that are fully functional as well as beautiful.
- Bite and chew more easily, so you can eat any kind of food you want.
- Increase your confidence and feel more comfortable showing off your smile.
- Improve the health of your mouth as well as your entire body.
Don’t wait to get your teeth back into shape. Call us today to schedule an appointment: 804-392-0792. Our practice is easy to find at 10611 Greenyard Way, Ste. A – not far from the Kroger Marketplace on Iron Bridge Road.
Trust Our Expertise With Crowns & Bridges
The talented dental team at Walter D. Felton, DDS has many ways to use a dental crown or bridge for teeth repair. No matter your situation, we can get your teeth back into shape and improve your quality of life. After your initial exam, we can detail all your options, which could include:Dr. Joyce Talks about Crowns and Bridges Read Transcript
I don't know how their previous experiences are, but I think they misled a lot of times, especially they don't need a crown, and then, you know, overtreated, I would say. I don't think it's wrong, but sometimes, it can be overtreated. Again, going back to six-month check-up is so important, because I see the trend of small cavity and then it getting bigger filling and bigger filling and you end up having crown. But having crown is not always a bad idea when about to have a huge fillings and about to fracture because those crowns are usually started on the back teeths, where it's functioning.
And first molars, it comes out when we are six years old. So if you're like 40, you've been having this one like 34 years, and that's the first piece getting deteriorated, have a filling on it and stuff like that. So by having crown, putting in the, you know, where at right time is protecting your teeth fractures.
Another thing that I want to address is since I know airway and sleep apnea, I've seen crowns that it's not designed well. And actually, it hurt patients' airway. So now, because I learned these courses and learning the knowledge and how important those the designs are, so now I can actually tell the lab, you know, what how much the design should be. So not only just putting the crown, but I know how important the size or designs of the crown. And that's opened my eyes again. I go in different conferences and classes.
- Single Crown For Repair – We can cap a damaged tooth with a crown to strengthen it and help prevent further problems. Depending on your situation and your needs, we can make your new crown from porcelain, porcelain bonded to metal, or even gold.
- Fixed Bridge – This kind of bridge anchors on both ends to your natural teeth and has one or more crowns in the middle to replace missing teeth. We’ll make sure your new appliance blends in discreetly and fits comfortably.
- Implant-Supported Crown – A dental implant can anchor a crown to fill in the gap left by a missing tooth. This restoration will restore virtually all your chewing power, plus the implant will help preserve the health of your jawbone.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – Unlike a fixed bridge, this restoration is secured to two or more implants – not your other teeth. It can be used to replace three or more teeth in a row.
- Inlays and Onlays – Sometimes referred to as “partial crowns,” these custom restorations are used when a tooth repair needs more than a filling, but a complete crown isn’t required.
Rebuild your smile using Chester dental crowns and bridges. Call our team today at 804-392-0792 to set up an appointment. You can eat and smile comfortably again!