Enjoy a Good Night’s Rest With Sleep Apnea Treatment in Chester
If you are tired all the time, you may blame a busy schedule. Your fatigue could be due to sleep apnea, however, a common condition that many people don’t even realize they have. While feeling fatigued is bad enough, apnea has been linked to many health risks, including high blood pressure and stroke. With sleep apnea treatment in Chester, you’ll have more energy and better health.
After treating sleep apnea, you will:
- Sleep all night without snoring or gasping for breath
- Wake up feeling refreshed instead of tired
- Feel more alert and less irritable during the day
- Find it easier to stay focused on tasks so you can get more done
- Lower your risk of stroke, heart attacks, and other dangerous conditions associated with sleep apnea
Find Relief With a Mouthguard for Sleep Apnea
Obstructive sleep apnea occurs when your tongue or other soft tissue blocks your airway while you sleep, causing you to gasp for breath and briefly awaken. This can happen as many as hundreds of times a night. Keeping your airway open is the key to treating sleep apnea. The two most common approaches are a sleep apnea machine called a CPAP and a mouthguard.
A CPAP keeps your airway clear with a stream of pressurized air you typically inhale through a face mask. A mouthguard eases your jaw forward into a position that keeps your airway open. Even if you don’t have apnea, a mouthguard can provide snoring relief.
Many patients prefer a mouthguard for sleep apnea because it is:
- Less Disruptive – You and your bed partner will likely both find it easier to adjust to a mouthguard vs. a CPAP. A CPAP’s mask is connected to a machine with tubing, both of which can get in the way. Your mouthguard fits comfortably inside your mouth, with nothing outside the body.
- More Comfortable – We use dental impressions to give your mouthguard a custom fit. This keeps it in place, with no discomfort. You’re also less likely to wake up with a dry mouth or stuffy nose.
- Convenient for Travel – Transporting a CPAP can be a hassle. CPAP manufacturers also recommend using it with distilled water, which can be tough to find when traveling. In contrast, you can slip a mouthguard into a pocket or purse. No extra supplies are needed.
For sleep apnea treatment in Chester, call 804-392-0792.