Strengthen Your Smile With Dental Implants in Chester
Don’t let missing teeth continue interfering with your ability to eat, smile, and fully enjoy life. If you’re not familiar with dental implants, then you owe it to yourself to learn more about them. Dr. Walter Felton, a fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, can use these replacement tooth roots to enhance your life. Implants are long-lasting and give our patients many ways to restore their teeth. With implant therapy from our Chester dental team, you can:Doctor Walter Felton on dental implants Read Transcript
About 16 years ago, I had a patient come to my office who had been in a very bad automobile accident. She had broken her lower jaw, and as a result had lost all of her lower teeth. The long and short of it is, we had trouble finding the right person, the right clinic, or the right environment to get her fixed the way she wanted to be fixed and to have her treated the way she wanted to be treated. She jokingly asked me if I would just learn how to do implants. The funny thing is, I did, and she was one of the first cases that I did. For me, I knew this was a game changer.
As a result, I began to develop more about my knowledge of implants, I began to incorporate them in my practice on a regular basis. It continues today to be a major game changer.
Now, there have been some technological developments that have made implants much more practical than they were 16 years ago. We now can help your body to grow some bone in an area where you didn't have enough bone for an implant in the past. We also have implant systems now that are designed so that when we have to remove a bad tooth, we can immediately place the implant at the same surgery. There have been times when I've had literally a patient walk in here distraught because one of their front teeth was broken to the gum line, and we were able to remove that tooth root, place the implant and put a temporary crown on the tooth so that in an hour, or an hour and a half, after they walk in the door, they're walking out with an implant that is healing and in three months we were able to replace that temporary crown with a permanent crown.
When you can offer a service like this, it is one of the most gratifying things that you can imagine. However, it's also the fact that when a person is missing back teeth and their chewing ability is debilitated, implants, even though its not, quote, a cosmetic thing, it is a highly functional thing. When you can restore someone's ability to enjoy themselves when they go to a restaurant, or enjoy themselves when they just need to eat, you know, to be able to provide that service for someone, it's extremely gratifying. I mean it really makes me feel as if I've done something that has made a qualitative difference in someone's life.
- Enjoy a full set of beautiful and functional replacement teeth.
- Comfortably eat any kind of food you want without picking and choosing.
- Smile confidently knowing your new teeth look natural and attractive.
- Prevent jawbone deterioration and a “sunken face” look.
- Protect your oral health and help prevent problems in other systems of your body.
- Improve your self-esteem and overall outlook on life.
Call the office of Walter D. Felton, DDS today to schedule your no-obligation implants consultation: 804-717-2099. Our friendly Chester dentist office is located at 10611 Greenyard Way, Ste. A – especially convenient for residents in the 23234, 23237, 23831, and 23832 ZIP codes. Our practice is a division of Central Virginia Dental Care.
Enhance Your Life With Teeth Implants
Dr. Felton’s many years of experience mean that you can count on him and our team to help you get your teeth back. We will use low-radiation digital X-rays and other advanced dental tools to design your custom treatment plan. Your dental implant options may include:Dr. Joyce Talks about Dental Implants Read Transcript
In the old days, we didn't have that service, that much opportunity when the teeth are missing. It's more like, “Okay, we'll do the bridges if it's missing.” Some bridges getting bigger and bigger and it's hard to clean for the patients. The damage of the bone not having the tooth, some people are really good at the flossing. Depends on how much we educate them but they're not really great and it's hard for them. Not only single implant but the implant system's gotten so much advanced nowadays. Used to be I really do one single implant for 28 teeth or sometimes. But nowadays we have a hybrid bridge so we can make an implant and then have a same day teeth.
It's more stronger than the denture and then it's amazing technique that we can do it. We are integrating that system into our office recently so hopefully people who are frustrated with so many missing teeth or fully denture-less patient, we can help them out to provide that. Something they can have in their mouth and chew and eat what they love to eat, steaks, they can't eat with a denture. We can certainly provide that service and then they can enjoy their food which is affecting the diet and everything. That will help their overall health. I think it's truly investing. I always use analogy with the patients.
You know, when you are planning on such a big, because there are multiple missing teeth and then it's not salvageable, I tell them it all need to go. You have three possible option, which one would you choose? Then they have to study just like when you're shopping to cars. I tell them it's much better than shopping to cars because after five years you spent 50 grand or 60, 70 grand, how long can you hang on to that car versus when we provide the same amount of money I guarantee you as long as you're coming and do the regular maintenance you can carry for 20, 30 years.
Implant systems are really advanced these days. If you have any concerns and thoughts we always discuss with the patient. There are so many options that we can provide and I think that's the best service for the patients looking for oral health.
- Individual Crowns – A natural-looking porcelain crown will attach to an implant to replace your missing tooth. It will restore virtually all your biting power and blend in seamlessly with the rest of your teeth.
- Implant-Supported Bridges – This type of bridge will anchor to two or more implants and replace several teeth in a row. It is similar to a traditional fixed bridge but is more stable and durable.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – If you’ve never experienced implant dentures, you’re in for a treat. These dentures attach to dental implants using a secure system of snaps and balls. They will feel much more comfortable and won’t slide or slip like conventional dentures can.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – This style of denture is similar to an implant-retained denture, except that it anchors to a solid bar secured to your implants. The bar transfers the pressure and force of biting directly to your jaw rather than to your gums – just like your natural teeth do. This action makes it our most comfortable type of denture.
- All-on-4® Procedure – With this innovative procedure, we can secure an entire arch of fixed replacement teeth using only four implants. Enjoy new teeth, a dazzling smile, and renewed biting power!
When you need replacement teeth, dental implants from Walter D. Felton, DDS can make your new smile possible. Call us today at 804-717-2099 to schedule your appointment and learn about all your options.