Keep Your Smile Healthy & Happy With General Dentistry in Chester
There is much more to general dentistry at Walter D. Felton, DDS than just regular checkups. You need those, of course, but Drs. Felton and Smith offer you many great ways to keep your smile healthy and bright. Satisfied Chester patients have relied on us for over 35 years! Here’s what you, too, can expect from us:Doctor Jessica Smith on general dentistry Read Transcript
General dentistry to me, means coming in every six months and having a cleaning done. It doesn't mean every six months for every patient. Just by having a cleaning done can make a world of difference for a patient. Just due to the type of bacteria that patients have in their mouth and being able to clean their patients teeth every six months, every three to four months depending on the type of dental disease that the patient has, it very necessary and important.
The patient's going to feel very comfortable when they come into the room, as far as seeing the dentist and having their treatment plan reviewed. The dentist takes a lot of time to review x-rays, to consult with the hygienist and make the patient feel comfortable as far as the treatment plan is concerned. We value what the patient says. That's our number one priority. If the patient wants to have a procedure completed that's our number one priority. That's what we focus on. But we also offer other options that the patient may have not thought about.
- Expert care to help you smile with increased confidence and boldness.
- Early detection and treatment of cavities, gum disease, and other oral problems.
- Experienced, knowledgeable team who will only recommend treatments you actually need.
- Expertise in using the latest dental technology to make your care comfortable and accurate.
Call us today to schedule a dental visit: 804-392-0792. You’ll love our cozy fireplace! Our office is located on Greenyard Way, especially convenient for Richmond area residents in the 23234, 23237, 23831, and 23832 ZIP codes. Walter D. Felton, DDS is a division of Central Virginia Dental Care.
Let Us Help You Preserve Your Beautiful Smile
With Dr. Felton or Dr. Smith in your corner, you won’t need to worry about your smile. All these dental treatments are available from our office to help you maintain a fantastic-looking smile:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – Not only will your checkup give you a thorough teeth cleaning, you’ll receive a full dental exam including screenings for oral cancer and TMJ problems.
- Gum Disease Treatment – We’ll help your gums heal with a combination of deep cleaning, recommendations for helpful products, and even antibiotics.
- Tooth Sealants – These “raincoats for your teeth” will form a protective barrier against smile-damaging bacteria.
- Fluoride Treatments and Varnishes – Our professional treatments will help prevent cavities and can even reverse tooth decay when it’s in the early stages.
- Nutritional Counseling – We want all our patients to have the best health possible. We’ll show you how the foods you eat can affect not only your oral health, but the health of your entire body.
- Custom Mouthguards and Night Guards – Athletic mouthguards will protect your teeth against damage that can occur from sports and athletic activities. Night guards help eliminate teeth grinding and potential damage to your tooth enamel.
- Dry Mouth Treatment – Our team can recommend over-the-counter products or even prescribe specialty products to help you manage a chronic dry mouth.
Don’t neglect your smile! General dentistry from Walter D. Felton, DDS will help keep it in great shape. Call 804-392-0792 today to schedule your next appointment or request one online if it’s more convenient.