Trust a Dental Expert For Your Oral Surgery in Chester
Even the most conscientious of patients can sometimes end up in a dental situation that requires oral surgery to correct. That’s no problem at the office of Walter D. Felton, DDS. Our skilled dentists and staff have served Chester for over 35 years, helping patient after patient get their oral health back in line. If you need an oral surgical procedure, here’s what you can expect from us:Doctor Walter Felton on an overview of oral surgery Read Transcript
One of the questions I get a lot is, “Am I going to have to go to a specialist to have this done?” This is particularly true with certain ... what we can oral surgery procedures. Things like taking out a tooth. Things like putting in an implant. Things like having your wisdom teeth removed. In some cases, a person is much better off to have a specialist handle some of these things, but in the majority of cases, those things can be treated in my office.
The biggest determination for me, is how anxious is this patient going to be? Does this patient need to be sedated? In that case, then I'm going to send them to someone who is qualified to sedate them safely. But the overwhelming majority of the time, the surgery, the oral surgery, can be done in my office under local anesthesia.
This is not just true of taking teeth out. This is also true if you have teeth that are broken below the gum line. We can take those out. If you have, in the majority of cases, where you have wisdom teeth, even partly or completely impacted, we can take those out very often.
The most common surgery that we do here is the removal of broken teeth and the placement of dental implants. The great thing about oral surgery today is that if we have to take a tooth out, we can very often replace it at the exact same time. One surgery instead of two.
- Advanced dental tools like digital X-rays to ensure accuracy, precision, and comfort.
- A compassionate team dedicated to providing an exceptional level of dental care.
- Follow-up care to help you maintain a bright smile and good oral health.
- Flexible payment options that include dental insurance and financing.
Call us today at 804-717-2099 to schedule your consultation. Don’t let your smile suffer! Our compassionate team is located at 10611 Greenyard Way, Ste. A – just a short drive from the Kroger Marketplace on Iron Bridge Road.
Prepare Yourself For a Better Kind of Dentistry
We understand that surgery on your mouth may not be at the top of your list of fun things to do. When you trust your procedure to us, we’ll do all we can to make your experience as comfortable as possible. Below are a few ways we’ll do that:
- A welcoming office space featuring a cozy fireplace.
- Soft pillows and blankets for a touch of home.
- Dental chairs with lumbar support for your back.
- Bottled water to keep you hydrated and comfortable.
- A prescription for a relaxing anti-anxiety pill if needed – just take it before your appointment.
Our Skills Will Shine Through
We routinely perform several types of oral surgery, including:
- Teeth Extractions – If we’re unable to save your tooth, we’ll remove it as quickly and gently as possible. We’ll also explain your tooth restoration options so you can enjoy a complete smile again. We can remove wisdom teeth in most cases.
- Bone Grafts – This procedure will use synthetic bone material to stimulate the growth of new bone cells in your jaw. After a few months, a jaw that was previously too weak for dental implants will be ready to support them.
- Ridge Augmentations – Using a combination of techniques, we can improve and strengthen your jaw ridge, either to prepare it for dental implants or for aesthetic purposes.