Smile Again With Restorative Dentistry in Chester
When you need to repair your broken smile, turn to the experts in Chester. Dr. Felton, Dr. Bahng, and our dental team work hard to help each patient enjoy the full use of their teeth again. We offer many ways to get your smile and your bite back into shape. Restorative dentistry can do all the following for you:Dr. Joyce Talks about Restorative Dentistry Read Transcript
I love to help the maintenance period. That's my goal. I don't want them to have cavities, but people do, based on their genes or based on the diets and based on their family history, based on their frequency of eating some stuff. If they have a minimal cavity, I wanted to take care of it, but if they are missing teeth, a lot of people, since we have many teeth, they're like, “Oh, I'm losing this tooth, but it's just one of them. I really don't think it's important.” A lot of people just want to see the front teeth and then, “Oh, I'm okay.”
But I've been educating them how the back teeth are supporting their front teeth, and a lot of people nowadays, society has so many type two diabetes, because the food we eat is not really chewing, more like ingesting, and sugars and fluid. If you don't have a back teeth, you're not going to able to get the good solid lots of fibers and healthy food. So I told them, “If you have missing teeth, it's really important to address, because I see the trend of people missing on the left side and the next time, they break the right side, because it's not comfortable for them chew on, like something missing teeth.”
So before they go to worse and worse, I normally tell them, “It's a great time to think about it, even though you don't have to do it right away, if you're not ready.” But we have a great source of placing implant crowns. If you can't do it, bridge is another option that you can take care of it. There are so many options now that we can provide it, and why not keeping it? And again, I want you to take care of your teeth for the rest of your life.
So starting out minimal. If you need a filling, we address it so you don't damage a lot of tooth structures. Keeping it intact is the best idea, so the God provided great sets of teeth, and we wanted to take care of it, and I've seen people, when they have a good oral hygiene from the young age. I've seen a lot of people, they go into the rest of the life. You know, it's amazing.
Sometimes I feel jealous because I wasn't growing up that kind of family education with the teeth, how important. My parents had a denture and stuff like that, and so if I could help them out from the young age, I will definitely being up front and then tell them what is really value in their life.
- Give you fully functioning teeth so you can eat anything you want again.
- Allow you to smile with confidence in public, without fear of embarrassment.
- Improve your overall oral health and help you avoid future dental problems.
- Eliminate your dental pain so you can relax and enjoy life again.
We’re waiting to help you smile! Call us today at 804-717-2099 to schedule an appointment. You’ll find our office at 10611 Greenyard Way, Ste. A – close to Chesterfield Meadows Shopping Center. We’re a division of Central Virginia Dental Care.
Our Veteran Team Will Reconstruct Your Beautiful Smile
For over 35 years, the office of Walter D. Felton, DDS has created a welcoming, comfortable environment for our patients, providing high-quality restorative dental care using only national-brand materials. Dr. Felton and Dr. Bahng use a variety of dental restorations that can repair your smile and your bite. These include:
- Porcelain Crowns – Custom crowns fit snugly over damaged teeth to repair and strengthen them. They will blend in naturally with your other teeth and restore virtually all your chewing power.
- Fixed Bridges – These time-tested appliances will replace one or more missing teeth and help you eat, smile, and talk comfortably again.
- Dentures – Enjoy a full or partial arch of great-fitting new replacement teeth.
- Dental Implants – These artificial tooth roots will replace your missing teeth and provide a base for implant-anchored restorations using crowns, bridges, dentures, or full arches of teeth.
- Dental Veneers – In just two office visits, these wafer-like shells will strengthen and conceal damaged teeth, creating a durable and gorgeous new smile you’ll take pride in.
- Root Canal Therapy – Don’t discount this misunderstood treatment! We can stop your toothache and save your tooth with a root canal.
- Tooth Fillings – We have several materials to use for your filling, including tooth-colored composite, gold, and silver. Your dentist will work with you to decide the best type for your situation.
- Inlays and Onlays – We can use these custom porcelain restorations for a mid-level repair when a standard filling won’t work and an entire crown isn’t needed.
Restorative dentistry from Walter D. Felton, DDS can give you something to smile about! Call us today at 804-717-2099 to schedule your appointment. You can also use our online form to request an appointment.